The PSD (Position Sensing Detector) is an opto-electronic device which converts an incident light spot into continuous position data. It provides outstanding resolution, fast response, excellent linearity for a wide range of light intensities and also simple operating circuits.
There are two main types of PSDs available, one-dimensional and two-dimensional.
Position Sensing Detector (PSD) features
- Converts the position of a light or radiation spot into signal currents
- Outstanding position resolution and linearity
- Wide range of spectral response
- Works with a wide range of light or radiation intensities
- Short response time
- Measures light or radiation intensity and position simultaneously
- Independent of light or radiation spot focus
- High dynamic range